Wednesday 12 August 2015

How does your garden grow?

This week I'm going all floral with the Garden in Bloom stamp set (on loan from my partner in crime, Kate Denyer). 


As my lovely friend is away on holiday this week she has kindly let me play with these bloomin' marvellous stamps. There's two types of stamps in this set, the main parts of the flowers & leaves, and then the outlines, which is great as it means you can create so many different colour combos!! 


I decided to use the very juicy Watermelon Wonder for the main colour, as it is bright and summery. The outlines are stamped in Memento black ink, and the leaves in Mint Macaron, which comes as part of the In Color 2015-2017 ink pad collection.  I used a tiny bit of Daffodil Delight for the bumble bee, complete with his little trail dotted behind him using a Project Life journaling pen! 





I cut a 3"x 4" piece of Watermelon Wonder card, curved the edges with the Project Life corner rounder punch (one of my favourite punches!) and stamped the cute little phrase " Friends are kind to each other's hopes & cherish each other's dreams". I finished it using the butterfly outline in black, and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  I thought the recipient could always take the little card off as a friendship card keep sake, pop it in their purse or even better, their Project Life album! 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment