Friday 28 August 2015

Sleigh Ride in August

This week I've been playing with the new Sleigh Ride edgelit dies from the Stampin' Up! Autumn/Winter catalogue (available 1st September).

These are so simple to use, and look so effective, they're a must have for any crafter this Christmas. 



I wanted to create real hand crafted, classic Christmas cards. The edgelits create such beautiful intricate designs I felt they didn't need much stamping or embellishing. 



I cut the edgelits in calm, Christmas colours; Whisper White, Soft Sky, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand and complimented using gold/white shimmer paper and vellum.


 I created soft, snowy backdrops using one of the 36 beautiful  designs from the Winter Wonderland Vellum Stack.


I then had an idea of creating a tri fold card using the edgelits. I wanted an all white effect to showcase just how beautiful and effective the intricate hand cut designs can look.

 I used Real Red for the Merry Christmas stamp (a hostess gift earned last year, my first stamp set in fact) and backed the card onto Sahara Sand for a finishing touch. I love how it looks opened out fully too, a very simple Christmas card that is easy to make, but sure to impress.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment