Friday 4 December 2015

Celebrate Baby


Hello crafters,

Today I am babe free thanks to my kind parents looking after my son, while I recover from the cold I feel like I've had forever.  It's lovely having peace and quiet, and time to rest but I have had a list of crafty things to do for a few weeks now, so it's been nice to sit down and enjoy some leisurely crafting time.

Top of my list was to create a baby girl card for a new addition to my partners side of the family.  I decided to use the Celebrate Today stamp set & matching frame-lits that my lovely friend Kate had lent to me.  I looked for Pinspiration for my card, and found a lovely card made by the talented Sarah Berry.  I loved the simplicity of it, and how she had personalised it using the Sophisticated Serifs stamps.


I started by stamping Blushing Bride polka dots onto matching BB card, using one of the balloon stamps.  I then stamped the hot air balloon basket in Smokey Slate, the balloon itself in Blushing Bride again, layered with white embossed stars.  I chose Mint Macaron as an additional colour for the 'baby' bunting, and small layer of card behind Ellie, embossed in white.  I also used my new cupcake builder punch to create small sparkly white clouds, and the bow framelit as a finishing touch.



Inside I stamped another of the bunting stamps, 'celebrate' and 'baby' in Blushing Bride.  I love how you can create various layers with this stamp set, and combine phrases for any occasion.  As well as 'baby' there's 'birthday', 'wedding', 'graduation' and the word 'happy' for perfect pairing sentiments.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment